Warranty terms and conditions
Warranty terms and conditions for The Bastard
The Bastard ceramic barbecues are covered by a limited warranty for 20 years. The warranty is valid for all Bastard kamados purchased after April 12, 2014. For deliveries made before that date, the warranty terms and conditions shall apply before that date. These terms and conditions can be requested via email@example.com.
Warranty conditions ceramic cookers The Bastard
- The Warranty, as mentioned in these warranty conditions, only applies to the original private buyer who bought The Bastard from an authorized dealer and registered his warranty in accordance with the prescribed conditions within 6 months from the date of purchase. Registration shall take place via www.thebastard.com or a website affiliated to the Bastard or by means of an e-mail to The Bastard. The original proof of purchase must be included upon registering.
- Professional users such as BBQ companies, cookery schools, educational institutions, hotels, restaurants, caterers and other types of catering businesses are expressly excluded from this guarantee. This exclusion shall also apply if The Bastard is offered for rental.
- Each The Bastard ceramic cooker (XLarge professional, Large-size, Medium-normal, Small-small and Compact) has a limited 20-year warranty on the material and construction of The Bastard’s ceramic dome.
- The fire basket and the fire ring of a The Bastard ceramic cooker are covered for 2 years.
- Metal, stainless steel and cast iron parts of The Bastard’s ceramic cookers (such as the metal bands, the hinge mechanism, the two-function metal lid, the grate, the fire basket and the ventilation) are guaranteed for two years.
- Wooden or bamboo items, such as side tables, are guaranteed for 2 years. Wooden or bamboo products are not covered against normal weathering or cracks unless the structural application is also lost.
- The thermometer of a The Bastard ceramic cooker is guaranteed for two years.
- A warranty of a maximum of six months applies to the felt edge.
- These warranty conditions only apply if The Bastard ceramic cooker has been properly maintained. Proper maintenance shall mean at least:
- The timely replacing and maintenance
- Regular tightening of the various bolts and nuts
- Regular cleaning of The Bastard
- Making The Bastard winter-proof
- The Bastard’s accessories are covered for 2 years, unless they are consumer items whose life span is reasonably shorter than that described above.
- Consumables such as charcoal and smoke wood are not covered by the warranty.
- The Bastard makes every effort to use rustproof materials and high-temperature paintwork on metal surfaces. However, metal materials and protective coatings may be damaged by various surface scratches or exposure to substances and conditions beyond the control of The Bastard. Chlorine, industrial fumes, chemicals, fertilizers, extreme humidity, lawn pesticides and salt are some of the substances that can damage paint and finish on metal coatings. This includes extreme use, such as usage near the proximity of sea. For these reasons, the warranty on metal, stainless steel, and cast iron parts does not cover rust, oxidation, fading, or other blemishes unless these also lead to loss of structural integrity or failure of these parts from The Bastard.
- This warranty, as described in these warranty conditions, are based on the assumption of normal and reasonable household-use and maintenance of The Bastard. The warranty does not apply to additional or unforeseen damage or breakage, or for damage caused by: transportation; dropping; incorrect assembly; incorrect support; attempts to support The Bastard by any means other than an approved base or solid, non-combustible surface under the base; commercial use; modifications; changes; negligence; abuse; improper care; road hazards; normal and reasonable wear and tear; or natural disasters. The warranty does not apply to scratches, dents, shards, hairline cracks, the creation of small cosmetic cracks in the outer enamel layer that do not affect the effect of The Bastard.
- The warranty coverage starts on the date of purchase and must be proven by the customer by means of an original purchase receipt.
- Original The Bastard parts that are found to be defective in material or workmanship and covered by a valid and registered warranty shall, upon approval of The Bastard, be replaced or repaired free of charge for the warranted item or part, subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty.
- For warranty support, please contact The Bastard using the contact form on the website www.thebastard.com
- Each warranty claim must include a purchase receipt showing the date of purchase and the name of the authorized dealer from which you purchased The Bastard or another product, as well as an accurate description of the problem or defective part. For the purposes of these warranty conditions, an original purchaser is to be understood as the person whose name appears on the purchase receipt and who has registered the required warranty. The Bastard reserved the right to ask for proof of identity in case of doubt.
- The Bastard is not liable for shipping, ordering, labour or packaging costs, export/import duties, VAT or other taxes levied as a result of a warranty claim, service, repair or return, unless this has been approved in writing by The Bastard.
- Any unauthorized changes or modifications to a warranty applicable to The Bastard shall be considered void. This shall include drilling holes or tampering with parts; The use of parts of The Bastard for use of parts in ways other than those intended for authentic parts; or using internal parts in ways other than those intended by the manufacturer. Modifying or replacing internal parts, such as the fire basket and the inner ring, shall render the warranty void, and The Bastard expressly disclaims any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from this. Pouring lighter fluid or any flammable mixture into a Bastard product will render the warranty of a Bastard product void. This is a dangerous practice and may result in damage or injury.
- The Bastard will not be liable for any delay or non-performance of The Bastard under the warranty caused by any event or unforeseen circumstance beyond The Bastard’s control, including, without limitation, force majeure, war, governmental restrictions or obstacles, strikes, fire, flood, transportation delays or reduced material resources.
- By repairing or replacing parts in the manner, and during the time period, stipulated herein, all obligations under the guarantee and/or any direct and/or indirect liabilities of The Bastard will be fulfilled. A Buyer’s exclusive remedy for any breach of this warranty or any other implied warranty is limited as set forth herein, to replacement or repair of the part shipped to the Buyer at the Buyer’s expense.
- All statutory, express or implied warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, do not exceed this warranty, Liability for incidental, special and consequential damages is excluded to the maximum extent of the law.
- The warranty can be registered by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org within 1 month after delivery. If the buyer does not register The Bastard, the warranty shall be considered null and void. The warranties specified herein contain all specific legal rights under The Bastard’s Limited Warranty.
- The titles used in this warranty are for convenience only, and do not alter the terms of the warranty. 12 March 2018
200 Fahrenheit B.V.
IR Lelyweg 8
E mail: email@example.com