Barbecuing is actually the purest way to prepare food. If you want to BBQ in a very healthy way you will require specific dishes and ingredients. Curious about a number of healthy barbecue dishes? Here are a number of tasty and healthy options:
- What about peppers, courgette, aubergine or mushrooms? Spice them up with a dash of olive oil and herbs such as thyme and oregano. Simple and very tasty!
- Corn-on-the-cob is an extra healthy evergreen! This can never be compared with canned corn. Remove the leaves and silks of the cob. Add a dash of olive oil and cook on the barbecue.
- Lay sweet potatoes wrapped in tin foil between the coals. This provides tasty soft sweet potatoes, delicious with guacamole and a little sour cream.
- Steamed fish packages. By steaming the fish packages in tin foil, the taste and nutrients are preserved as much as possible. Bring the long sides of a package towards each other and roll down. Fold the corners inside so the package is tightly closed.
- Thai chicken saté is deliciously seasoned and is made from chicken and a tasty herbal mix. Make a marinade of: 20 g of ground coconut, 200 ml of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of curcuma powder, 1 teaspoon of ground coriander seed. 1/2 teaspoon of fish sauce, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 red chilli pepper and the juice from 1 lime. Cut the chicken in cubes and marinate for at least 1 hour in this paste. Thread the chicken onto the saté skewers and grill them on the barbecue.
- You can easily cook prawns or shrimps on the BBQ yourself. Briefly place the prawns or shrimps in garlic, oil and lemon juice. Then grill for a short time and enjoy!
- Skewers with tofu and mango, also tasty for the vegetarians among us.
- Grilled fruit for a sweet finish. The best dessert for a barbecue if you want a healthy option. Pineapples, bananas and peaches are all fruits which are suitable for grilling.
This makes original cooking extra healthy.